"On Thursday, September 11 at approximately 12:30 p.m., a female student reported was she followed very closely by a male suspect from Brooks Dining Center, Gorham, as she walked toward Wood Hall. When she pulled out her cell phone, the subject ran away. At 2 p.m., Thursday, September 11, another female student reported that she was assaulted by a male subject. The victim was walking to class in Bailey Hall, Gorham, when a suspect walked up behind her and grabbed her buttocks. The suspect then ran off. he description of both suspects is the same: White male, early twenties, bald or shaven head, light colored eyes, medium build, 5'7" to 5'9". The suspect was wearing a black t-shirt and khaki or light camouflage shorts. He had a cell phone in his hand.
USM Police offer the following safety tips:
* Always try to walk with someone when possible.
* If being followed, go directly to a populated place.
* Report any suspicious persons or vehicles immediately to police.
* Check your vehicle before getting in.
* Lock your vehicle immediately after entering.
* Use USM's police escort service when you feel unsafe.
* As always, do not prop dorm doors open and lock your room doors."
Friday, September 12, 2008
Safety Alert for USM at Gorham
The Police at the University of Southern Maine - Gorham have issued a safety alert. The text is below: